He finally proposed and of course you said yes! Congratulations! Now the wedding planning begins. Wondering what to do first? Often, the first step in planning a wedding is to nail down your venue. Once you’ve found a few possible wedding venues in Nevada County to host your rehearsal dinner, ceremony, or reception, you’ll need to ask them questions.
As you embark on your venue-finding adventure together, there are some go-to questions to help you find the location that is best suited to your needs! You can check out our answers to the questions below as well!
- How many guests can your venue accommodate?
- What is your rental fee, and what is included with that price? Could we get a discount for booking our wedding on an off-season date or day of the week?
- When is the deposit due? Is it refundable? Can I see the payment plan for the bill?
- Is there an additional charge to hold my ceremony here, too? Do you have a separate area for the bride to get ready?
- Is your venue handicap accessible?
- What’s your cancellation policy?
- How long can we use your event space? If we stay longer, is there an overtime fee? Do you have a minimum or maximum rental time?
- Does your venue provide décor?
- Do you have an outdoor area where guests can mingle? Is there a separate indoor space for socializing?
- Do you have a list of preferred caterers, florists, photographers, and DJs?
- Do you provide tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware, and glassware, or will I have to rent them or get them through my caterer?
- Can we bring our champagne, wine, and beer? Is there a corkage fee?
- Are you licensed to serve drinks? Is alcohol priced per person? What are your charges for bartenders?
- Is there a certain a time when our music needs to end? Can your venue accommodate a DJ or live band?
- Do you have parking available on site? Is it complimentary? Can cabs easily access your venue?
- Does your venue have liability insurance in case something goes wrong?
- Do you have an event coordinator to be on-site the day of our event? What services do they provide, and is there an additional charge for them? How much assistance will we get with the setup/décor?
For an indoor dinner, we can seat 280 guests. If your event will have cocktail-style seating, we can fit 450. In addition, our beautiful patio will seat 40.
Please visit our Wedding Packages page to see price quotes and what is included. Yes, we offer discounts for weekday weddings.
We can send you a customized proposal via email or we can create one for you while you are onsite so you can easily see when your upcoming payments are due! We do require a refundable damage deposit, which is due 60 days prior to your event. We also require an initial payment at the time of contract signing, which typically is 50% of your venue rental.
Yes, you can add your ceremony for only $900. All of our wedding packages include a private bridal room for getting ready or changing into your gown.
Yes, our building is ADA compliant with easy access for those in wheelchairs.
We hope cancellations won’t occur, but in the event of a cancellation, your initial payment is non-refundable.
Our Classic Receptions are for exclusive use of the venue for 10 hours, from 2:00pm until midnight, for up to 150 people (additional people are $10 per person).
Part of designing a successful event is deciding upon a decorative theme. Our experienced event coordinators will help you create a beautiful occasion. They have created hundreds of stunning table decorations and are skilled at finding just the right look for your event. A few of the centerpieces that we have available for rent include candles, vases, fans, tea cups, mirrors, and shabby chic book centerpieces.
Yes! The Foothills Event Center has a spacious patio outside, with heaters in case of cooler weather. We also have separate VIP suites inside for more intimate conversations.
Yes, we have a preferred vendors list. We like to work with local contractors, businesses, and freelancers. We are always growing our circle of connections to offer the best services to our clients.
We have an assortment on-site rentals, including linens, china, flatware, glassware, and bar & beverage services. Call us to schedule a time to stop by and see our rentals! 530-271-1000.
We have many bar options/packages to fit your needs. In addition to our fully equipped bar, we also offer a selection of beverage services for rent, like drink dispensers, coffee airports, and signature Foothills wine glasses.
The Foothills Event Center has a liquor license, with various choices for purchasing wine and beer. Our bar packages are fully customizable, so you can add or remove anything to fit your wedding! You can get pricing info here: Event Bar Packages and Services at the Foothills.
The Foothills Event Center has the ability for your reception to go late because we’re not located in a residential area. Also, we have a multitude of outlets, located on the floor in our ballroom. So, you can be sure that your band or DJ can easily hook up their equipment wherever you want!
The Foothills Event Center provides free parking for up to 140 cars! Cabs can quickly arrive at the Foothills due to our close proximity to Highway 49.
We do require you to furnish your own day-of event insurance. Of course, we do have our own liability insurance as well, but providing your own day of general liability insurance ensures that you and your guests are protected.
Yes, as part of our “Done for you” packages our event coordinators are able to meet with you to discuss your vision for your event and are on-site to ensure your event runs seamlessly.