No matter how much time you’ve spent carefully planning out every second of your wedding day, there’s still a chance that something could go wrong. Maybe you woke up with a big zit or the weather isn’t on your side. Things like this might get in the way of your otherwise perfect wedding day. It’s a great idea to create a wedding day emergency kit and fill it with items to help you take care of unexpected emergencies in a snap.
You might build your day-of emergency kit with your maid of honor, and then ask her to be in charge of the kit on your wedding day. We hope you don’t have any emergencies on your big day, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. Here’s our list of just-in-case items to make sure your dream wedding goes off without a hitch!
- Breath mints, to get ready for your first kiss as husband and wife!
- Tweezers so that you can prevent clumped lashes and stray hairs
- Blotting papers to keep shine away
- Clear polish so that you can smooth out any unexpected chips
- Tissues for keeping your makeup on point and for dabbing away happy tears
- Hairspray to make sure your ’do stays put!
- Face mist, which will calm your skin and refresh your day-of makeup
- Stain remover pen in case of any sudden spills
- Fashion tape, a quick fix for wardrobe malfunctions
- Aspirin or Tylenol so you’ll be ready if you get a headache
- Dental floss or toothpicks to keep your day-of smile gorgeous
- Snacks like granola bars, an apple, or banana to ward of hunger
- Krazy Glue for broken shoe heels, nail fixes, decorations, etc.
- Sunblock if you’re having an outside wedding
- Hand sanitizer or wipes
- Makeup remover, along with cotton balls and Q-Tips to perfect your look
- Allergy meds (so important for outdoor weddings!)
- Tums in case you get a nervous tummy
- Blister treatment
- Bobby pins in case your artfully-created ‘do falls out of place
- Scissors and tape, just in case
- Nail clippers and nail file
- Bottles of water
- Sewing kit to handle any rips, snags, or broken buttons
- Comfy flats to change into
- Itinerary since you might be a little scatterbrained the day of!
Feel free to share this list with your maid (or matron) of honor and your bridesmaids! When buying items for your wedding day emergency kit, make sure to include stuff you know you’ll need, like an epi pen or medications. You can fully customize your wedding day emergency kit to fit your needs!
When assembling your emergency kit, ask people who are close to you and will be there for you on your wedding day if they think you’re missing anything. Then, you’ll be prepared for anything that comes your way!